Monday, September 26, 2016

Two Websites that are my favs!

It's no secret to those that know me know that I love Target. And I love their website too. It is very sleek with just the right amount of drama mixed with fun and cute. Simple yet complex. If I could marry Target, I would. Target has literally thousands of products in many different categories, but all of the immense product navigation is mostly contained in two drop down menus on the upper right next to the logo. If there is something specific I am looking for, I go straight to that menu. But they are clever and draw my eye by putting the weeks latest offerings with a big bold image on the home page. I can't help but take notice. And I can count on getting the same experience from their mobile site.

Another site I use almost daily is Google Finance. Bare bones news site of the financial markets.  If I search on a stock, they give me a snapshot of that stock, a list of current news associated with that stock, and a list of the history of past searches I performed. Now there are hundreds of websites that offer basically the same information, so why choose Google Finance when there is no pretty decoration, no list of related offerings, no fun social media links? Because that's the beauty of it. Stocks change in price so quickly, no one wants a slow loading page with lag time. Google finance may not be the beauty at the ball, but I'm happy it's my dance partner.

I commented on the insightful blogs of
Jennette Leigh
Sherrie Moore
Kendall Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment