Question - Which social media platforms seem geared towards personal use? Which ones seem to work better for business?
In my seventh grade history class, somehow the subject of Raquel Welch came up. During the discussion one of my classmates referred to her as an actress and my teacher replyed "Really? I didn't realize she had a job, I thought she was just, you know, a person." I remember thinking how ridiculous. How can anyone make money by just existing? I never imagined Kim Kardashian.
While there are many sites geared toward businesses, like Linked In, Angel List, and Yelp, most social sites that started out for strictly personal use have morphed into catering toward both. Facebook is a great example. Everything from novels to fan clubs to restaurants have a page now. Snapchat is another. Try a simple Google search of Snapchat for busniess, and you'll see a long list of articles written on how to promote your brand. Which makes sense, since businesses are generally the main revenue source for social media platforms. Even online dating sites and apps like Match.com and POF that monitor interactions to try and keep it strictly social fall short. Businesses professionals (and scam artists) manage to make their way through and connect with potential customers. In short, even if a social media platform is geared strictly for personal use, there will be those like the Kardashians who will find a way to monetize it.
No comments:
Post a Comment