Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 14A - Google Analytics

Google Analytics is fantastic. So much information on customer behavior insight and website performance that it can be overwhelming at first. Some of the features are best suited while I am trying to get the business running, helping me understand who my customer is and what works and what doesn't. Then once I start a campaign and paying for ads, the features that help analyze the effectiveness of those campaigns will be where I put my focus.

At first, Pepper Dare is still trying to understand the behavior of the typical customer, and the Intelligence feature would be the first thing I would set up. I would set the alerts I need, checking on it most likely daily to make sure they are actually valuable.  

The Real Time feature would be great to check frequently on the days a new post is made.

The Audience feature/Demographics is the best way to understand who is using my site, making sure I am offering the right service - especially in terms of gender and age analytics.

The Behavior feature should be checked bi-weekly to let me know if my message is valuable to my audience.

The User Explorer feature could probably take over my life.

The Technology and Mobile features are great to check on a bi-weekly basis, letting me know if my website is designed appropriately.

The Acquisition feature is essential to understanding if my email marketing is effective. I would check it the day of and the following day after an email is sent to see if the message was effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment