My viewpoint of social media has changed in that it is not a big scrambled mess of random crazy keystrokes. And that everyone can be reached through some aspect of social media. Also, whatever social media is today, it very likely will be different tomorrow and I can learn and change with it.
I have a much better understanding of not only how to use it, but how it can be leverage to grow a business. Also, how social media directly affects SEO, and how email marketing fits into the growth of a business. Social media is more than a way to stay in the customer's face, but a way to make your customer feel like they know you personally and are your friend.
I always felt that a blog post was the most effective way to use social media for my business. But the blog is really only effective if my customer takes the time to read. Using Facebook is a great way to put an idea into the mind of a customer ( through life quotes) without them putting in any real effort.
A service that I would use is email marketing. If a great email can be created that is quick to read and offers an introduction the information on the website or YouTube, I think that would drive the most traffic.
I am still fascinated by Twitter. It is all about timing and being knowledgeable on current events and trends. Still don't know how to integrate it in a way that is more than just place to post the same stuff across multiple sites. But in time I think I will find a path on Twitter that will work.
No comments:
Post a Comment